Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Run Forrest Run !!!!!!!!!


I ran today. I ran on an on. No thoughts in the mind- just the next milestone in sight- heart pumping fast- breathe getting heavier and heavier.

Overnight resolution unlike every night did not break. At 6 a.m. in the morning my friend was there to wake me up. Resisting the temptation of staying in the bed, I got my running shoes on and we left for the lovely campus of Anna University. After the first step it felt that I will not be able to run for more than 100 meters. But as it unfolded slowly and slowly all the thoughts in the mind started disappearing and all I was thinking about was of running and shedding more and more of sweat. The tightness and the tiredness of the legs were subdued by the constant lightness and refreshment of the mind.
Only then I realised that I had been missing this vital part of life since I left college and came here at Chennai. Some amount of physical exercise is must not only for the body but also for the mind.
All I am thinking of now is to continue running every morning and start the day by trashing all the mind bogglers in sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment